Treatment of infections in soft and hard tissues, skeletal system, osteomyelitis and septic arthritis; respiratory tract infections, with an effective penetration into the lungs, larynx, trachea and nasal sinus; skin and skin-related infections, glandular secreting tissue, mastitis, metritis, ear infections, oral infections such as gingivitis, periodontitis, pulpitis, abscesses, cellulitis, and any infectious process caused by azithromycin-sensitive bacteria.
Taken once a day Azithromycin is particularly active against the following bacteria:.
- Infections of the respiratory tract caused by germs of the genus Haemophilus, Moraxella, or Streptococcus
- Infectious tracheobronchitis (kennel cough) caused by Bordetella bronchiseptica.
- Pneumonia and bronchopneumonia caused or complicated by microorganisms of the genus Bordetella, Chlamydia, Haemophilus, Streptococcus, or Mycoplasma.
- Oral infections caused by Streptococcus sp., Staphylococcus aureus and other common bacteria.
- High respiratory tract infections caused by Streptococcus pyogenes as an alternative to treatment with Penicillin.
- Pyoderma and infections of the skin caused by Staphylococcus aureus, Streptococcus pyogenes, or Streptococcus agalactiae.
- External or middle ear otitis caused by germs of the genus Haemophilus, Moraxella, or Streptococcus.
- Feline pneumonitis caused by Chlamydia psitaci.